Lately I've been getting used to being a pharmacist in Kodiak. The people here are incredibly kind and the hospital staff are incredible. I've been spending the last couple days getting trained up on hospital life, learning how to make IVs and work the Pyxis machine. I've also been keeping up on each patient in the center and going over their charts daily with John, talking about what is going on and what we should be watching out for. I've also been working on some projects. Today I spent a decent portion of my day preparing a report of drugs to discontinue before surgery for the hospital's main surgeon. After work I went on a bike ride, bought some rain pants (yesterday I rode to work in the rain and spattered my pants with mud), and went on a walk by the pier after supper. Supper was interesting. We had a coastal version of curry, something Suzi's roommate had made in college. Looking forward to going on a couple of big hikes this weekend; hopefully the weather holds out...
Plaque beneath giant bear statue. A pretty view from the dock.

No comments:
Post a Comment