About Me

My photo
You can view my photos on facebook or if you don't have facebook here are the public links to my 5 albums: Album 1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054859&id=36002857&l=5de7e7e409 Album 2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055092&id=36002857&l=f80e56c756 Album 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055156&id=36002857&l=159ffc257e Album 4: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055524&id=36002857&l=7dd1d87e4b Album 5:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055812&id=36002857&l=537e199aae

Monday, July 19, 2010

Three Sisters Hidden in the Fog

Today was busy at work. We had alot of people admitted on IV antibiotics. I had to help recommend some Vancomycin doses. I also helped with a large amount of IVs.

After work, I met Jess and we went to Three Sister's Mountain on the north side of the island. It was so foggy we couldn't see the mountain and there wasn't really any well defined trailhead. By counting the turns in the road on my map, though, we were able to guess where the trail started. I was very happy when we found the correct trail, unlike yesterday. It was a vertical hike going about 1 mile in a linear plane, but it was anything but in a linear plane. It was a real calf-buster going up, but we were soon above all of the clouds and couldn't even see where we had come from. It rained lightly the whole time. I saw some brown speckled Ptarmigan on the way up, and as we hit the top the clouds moved out a little bit and we saw some real beautiful country. I hit the summit and attempted some nice pictures.

The way down was not only steep, but incredibly muddy, more of a controlled slide than a hike. But the feeling of satisfaction of finding an unmarked (oh yeah, it's not a marked trail on my map, but listed as unmarked) trail and coming back soaking wet was good. Tomorrow is Barometer, the top hike of many Kodiak lists. Can't wait!



Views from the Eastern most of the Three Sisters Mountains.
Bottom photo - A view of the lesser two sisters standing on top of the big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment