About Me

My photo
You can view my photos on facebook or if you don't have facebook here are the public links to my 5 albums: Album 1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054859&id=36002857&l=5de7e7e409 Album 2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055092&id=36002857&l=f80e56c756 Album 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055156&id=36002857&l=159ffc257e Album 4: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055524&id=36002857&l=7dd1d87e4b Album 5:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055812&id=36002857&l=537e199aae

Friday, July 2, 2010

How To Get To Kodiak

Today was an early one. I woke up at 3:30 AM to catch my 6:00 AM flight out of Akron/Canton airport. Since I just took a carry-on bag full of clothes and my backpack, I got through everything pretty quickly. It was weird taking off watching the sun rise, thinking to myself that with 19+ hours of sunlight a day, I might not see real nighttime until August. I switched to the Boeing 757 at O’Hare for a nice 6 hour flight to Anchorage. You can tell you are getting close to Alaska when you can see snow covered-mountains beneath you. It was fun getting off the plane in Anchorage amidst cheers, only to see a bunch of Alaskans watching the soccer game. Someone whispered, “Going… going… Ghana.”
Flying into Kodiak proved harder than I thought, however. After crossing the channel, our plane attempted a landing but had to pull up as the dense clouds made it impossible for our pilot to locate the runway. I’ve got a flight tomorrow morning with ERA Alaska, on a small 19 passenger plane. Note to self: the ‘beds’ at the airport aren’t nearly as comfortable as the ones at home.
Hopefully I'll get to Kodiak tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment