As usual you could see all the whole mountain range from the top, though this time it was of the north side of the island. You could see Three Sisters which I hiked last weekend and the wind turbines on Pillar which is above my house. You could get a great view of the ocean from up here as well, which includes Termination Point, the northermost point you can access on the normal road system.
About Me
- Nathan Kochheiser
- You can view my photos on facebook or if you don't have facebook here are the public links to my 5 albums: Album 1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054859&id=36002857&l=5de7e7e409 Album 2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055092&id=36002857&l=f80e56c756 Album 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055156&id=36002857&l=159ffc257e Album 4: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055524&id=36002857&l=7dd1d87e4b Album 5:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055812&id=36002857&l=537e199aae
Friday, July 23, 2010
Another Alaskan Adventure
This AAA was quite the adventure. After work I
decided to test out my new bike by riding out to Monashka and having another go at the mountain. This time solo. It was hard finding the right trail to go the the mountain, but after some backtracking I finally found the lake that shows that you are there. I named it Beaver lake because something has been chewing all the trees down. Anyways then I got to start the climb. Pretty steep, but well worth it. It was clouding up, or else the view would have been one of
the best I've seen yet, but it was still a great view.
As usual you could see all the whole mountain range from the top, though this time it was of the north side of the island. You could see Three Sisters which I hiked last weekend and the wind turbines on Pillar which is above my house. You could get a great view of the ocean from up here as well, which includes Termination Point, the northermost point you can access on the normal road system.
The way down was turbulent. It started raining and getting dark, so I had some trouble finding the correct trail to take me back where I wanted to go. After a couple of false trails, which led me down thick hills on nasty little bear-trails, I backtracked and found the right one. Seeing Beaver Lake was a joy as I knew I was within a mile of the parking lot. I was way more tired than I thought I'd be though, so I took the next day off, putting off hiking Sheritan Mtn and Pyramid Mtn until a later time.
As usual you could see all the whole mountain range from the top, though this time it was of the north side of the island. You could see Three Sisters which I hiked last weekend and the wind turbines on Pillar which is above my house. You could get a great view of the ocean from up here as well, which includes Termination Point, the northermost point you can access on the normal road system.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment